Friday, October 8

A place to spend my quiet nights...



I thought this picture was fairly relevant for a first post because, usually, when we start a diary or a blog it's because we're looking for some sort of direction, or a sense that we're not alone with our misery/problems/life. I don't actually know; I'm assuming here. All I know, personally, is that I have thoughts, and a mind that doesn't stop, so all these thoughts are swirling around in my mind, all the time, and maybe, if I have some platform in which to voice them, I might gain a little clarity, or at the very least, a peaceful night.

I've kept diaries before, and it hasn't really been me. It's like the first day of school where you head in all refreshed from your holiday and raring to go; you open your new book and it's all crisp, blank, white paper, and it feels like a new beginning. You start off with good intentions, too. You mark the date clearly in the top right hand corner, diligently take notes, and it feels great. Eventually though, you make a mistake, because it's life and perfect doesn't exist, but now that white paper, that was so full of options has been tarnished. You become lax, and don't worry too much about taking your time; about making effort. So, this isn't a blog in the diary sense of the word 'cause I'm terrible at that kind of thing; it becomes a chore and really, even at my age, chores suck.

It's more of a place to maybe leave my thoughts, share a few of my likes and loves and just generally, anything that catches my fancy. I don't know...we'll see how this goes. Right now, though? I'm going to get back to listening to my mellow music, drinking my whiskey and 'laxing out on this Friday night (even though I have a massive list of things I should be doing).


No comments:

Post a Comment