Saturday, March 5

I just want to be great...



"...if I can't be great at it, 
then I don't want to ruin it. 
It's too important to me."

- Peyton Sawyer, One Tree Hill.


I like to be able to do things. I like to be good at doing things. I don't like to fail at anything.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day; we were discussing things we were really good at, things that came naturally to us and in the end, I wound up describing myself with the phrase, 'a jack of all trades, but a master of none'. Sad. 


Seriously, it's crazy how frustrated/upset I am, now that I've realised this statement relates to me. I like being able to do things and I like to be able to do things really, really well. 

I have a hunger for knowledge, (a nicer way of saying I'm a nosy bitch) so I can pick up on things, learn them, fairly quickly. You can't learn talent, though, and that's what screws me up. I can learn the knowledge behind whatever task I'm trying to manage, I can become quite adequate at said task, but I never become great at it.

I don't want to just be able to do something. I don't want to just be good at something. I want to be exceptional. I want to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment